Property Risk Assessment
A property specific report that identifies and assesses the key triggers of subsidence and provides recommended actions; including an estimate of costs. The service includes:
- Data collection and video recording of the site, property, trees and vegetation
- The information is collated and reviewed by an industry-leading drainage and ground investigation company
- Tree and vegetation data is reviewed by a qualified Arboriculturist
- Property data and outputs compiled by a qualified Building Surveyor
- Site plan illustrating the footprint of the property, the location of vegetation and visible drainage features
- An overall risk rating with recommended remedial actions and estimated costs
Structural Specific Defect Assessment
This survey is required when a valuation report has identified visible signs of cracking, evidence that the property has suffered historically from foundation movement, or if the property has previously been repaired/underpinned because of subsidence.
The investigation is undertaken by a qualified Building Surveyor or Engineer. In the event of visible cracking, it comprises a written report that details site observations and likely causes. The report may also call for additional site-specific investigations, including soil sampling or building monitoring.
Where the property has previously suffered from subsidence, the report will include a review of the Certificate of Structural Adequacy and the current state of repairs..
If there are several mature trees close to the property, the arboriculture survey includes a full site inspection of trees and shrubs. The subsequent report will detail a full plan of recommended works and estimated costs.
This assessment reviews the drainage system on the property and is particularly relevant if the drainage pipes are glazed clay. The survey includes:
- CCTV camera survey
- Report on waste and storm drains, plus a full drainage system map
- Underground survey, including identification of share sewers and any drainage defects
In addition, we can provide site-specific reports on the legal constraints to tree work, standard letters to local authorities and advice on party wall issues.
Which service do I need?
Were any subsidence related issues identified in your valuation survey?
If yes, arrange for a property risk assessment.
Are there any visible signs of cracking or a history of subsidence?
If yes, arrange for a defect specific assessment.
Are there any mature trees close to the property?
If yes, arrange for an arboriculture survey.
Is your drainage system comprised of glazed clay pipes?
If yes, arrange for a drainage survey.